Single People in Christian Endeavors is our effort at Shiloh to involve singles (ages 30-up) in fellowship, Christian growth, mission outreach, Bible study and service. The College and Career class plans fellowship activities and Christian growth opportunities for ages 18-29. At present, the S.P.I.C.E. group consists of 20 members.
The S.P.I.C.E. group at Shiloh represents a unique combination of life situations: never married, divorced and widowed. We seek to encourage and support one another.
The primary purpose of S.P.I.C.E. is to grow in intimate knowledge of the Lord Jesus and to serve Him faithfully. We encourage our Singles to be involved in the family life of Shiloh through the following ways:
- Weekly Bible Study on Sunday mornings offers regular exposure to the Word of God, opportunities for prayer support and fellowship. We use The Bible Studies for Life series called Life Truths.
- Regular worship encourages expression of our love for the Lord through singing, giving and the preaching of His Word within a family of faith.
- A monthly lunch fellowship is scheduled at a local restaurant, at 12:30 pm on the second Sunday of the month. This gives singles without immediate family in the area the opportunity to enjoy table fellowship with one another.
- A Monthly Bible Study is planned on the fourth Saturday of the month. We meet at 6pm in each other’s homes or at the church building. This Bible study examines special topics of interest.
- A Spring and Fall Retreat is planned for inspiration, encouragement and fellowship.
A sample of past events includes an Apologetics/Interfaith Conference, Ocean Isle Beach Retreat, a Thanksgiving Retreat in Blowing Rock, Lake Junaluska Conference Center, Single Adult Retreat at Caswell, and Singles Labor Day Retreat at Ridgecrest.
Ministry & Missions:
- Woodridge Assisted Living Ministry. The Singles have an opportunity to lead the residents in a devotional time using Scripture and favorite songs. This usually takes place on the third Sunday, 2:30-3:00 pm.
- L.C.M.I. or Liberian Christian Ministries International is a nonprofit organization, which seeks to care for about fifty children at the Betty Jonah Orphanage, Liberia, West Africa. The Singles Sunday School class is sponsoring Sharon Walleh, age 6, at $20.00 a month. We are also supporting ($50.00 per month) Pastor Emmanuel Jonah, of L.C.M.I. Church in Monrovia.
- Opportunities to practice and experience missions are offered yearly through the fellowship at Shiloh. Recent trips involve sports camps at home in Monroe, VBS in Mexico and a Youth mission trip Welch, West Virginia..
- For information about S.P.I.C.E. please call Ron Hanna at 704-283-4451 ext. 222 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.